Results and Impact
An infrastructure and engineering conglomerate wished to secure
An infrastructure and engineering conglomerate wished to secure a $2 billion construction project in Africa. TWG successfully helped to ensure contract award and to secure required funds.
- TWG supported in key phases of the process, providing strategic advice and assistance with negotiations.
- TWG provided business and competitiveness intelligence and strategic counsel based on unique expertise in the local economic, political and business environment.
- TWG designed and developed an Economic Transformation Initiative which included a local content strategy, creating thousands of jobs and maximizing general economic flow-through from the investment.
- TWG facilitated Presidential-level meetings to discuss and resolve key issues.
A global consumer goods company entered into a trademark dispute
A global consumer goods company entered into a trademark dispute government. TWG’s intervention successfully resolved the dispute, safeguarding several hundred million dollars in revenue for the client.
- TWG developed the company’s strategy for negotiating with the government, emphasizing the company’s unique value proposition.
- TWG facilitated CEO-Prime Minister introductions and high-level visits for corporate executives.
- TWG brokered a settlement that resulted in a strong commercial partnership.
A major agribusiness corporation sought to make a $100 million investment
A major agribusiness corporation sought to make a $100 million investment in a processing facility in a key market in Africa, but faced operational challenges and prohibitive tax barriers. TWG successfully facilitated the investment and helped to optimize the company’s positioning within the market.
- TWG negotiated with government officials to get approval for the company’s priority location for the facility.
- TWG successfully secured a reduction in the country’s tax investment code to maximize potential return on investment.
- TWG built local recognition and acceptance of company brand through sustained engagement with government officials and civil society.
A manufacturing conglomerate faced high packaging costs
A manufacturing conglomerate faced high packaging costs in one of its key African markets. TWG successfully helped the company to reduce costs and increase its strategic positioning in the country.
- TWG conducted an in-depth analysis of import tariffs and benchmarked against comparable African markets.
- TWG identified a manufacturer able to package the company’s product locally, allowing tariff free status and improving the company’s overall socioeconomic impact in-country.
A global retailer faced significant regulatory hurdles
A global retailer faced significant regulatory hurdles around a several hundred million dollar investment in a key market in Africa, increasing customs-related taxes by approx. 200%. TWG successfully raised the company’s profile with Government officials and within the market to prioritize issues, reduce operating costs and safeguard the investment.
- TWG facilitated ongoing high-level engagement with key ministries.
- TWG smoothed regulatory issues to get duty claims processed.
- TWG raised the profile of the investment and its transformative impact in the local and regional press to build reputation of brand.
A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company sought to expand sales
A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company sought to expand sales in key African markets. TWG successfully helped establish and maximize impact in chosen markets.
- TWG provided analysis of government procurement structures and decision-making processes.
- TWG developed a training module for the company’s sales representatives.
- TWG brokered partnerships with government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and procurement entities that advanced client needs.